Description of Program
We abide by our philosophy that children need to be treated with warmth and respect. Children need experiences that will foster physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth. The atmosphere will be a caring environment to encourage independence, constructive problem solving, positive self-esteem, and improved self-worth. These objectives will be accomplished through the use of age appropriate activities including (but not limited to) sand, water, blocks, manipulative toys, games, puzzles, dramatic play, science equipment, books, music, art materials, large motor skill practice, field trips, routines, responsibilities, interaction with adults and other children.
- Calendar activities to develop foundations for math and reading skill
- Play dough activities for pre-writing (fine motor) skills
- Environment rich with literature
- Dress up for role playing and socialization
- Music and movement for motor control and development
- Individual and group reading gain interest and practice listening skills
- Games, puzzles, and building, developing deductive reasoning and problem solving
- Preparation of meals to influence healthy eating habits and independence
At Care 4 Em we help the children develop the following things.
- Self-help Skills
- Language Development
- Reading Skills
- Fine Motor Skills
- Cooperative Play
- Friendship Building
The children also have the opportunity to play:
- Play Dough
At Care 4 Em, children:
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Create using play dough and easel painting
- Expand vocabulary and reading skills
- Practice math with daily calendar
- Develop a love of learning
All of these ideas to be planned and facilitated without pressure. The true goal is to develop a drive within each individual to learn and develop.
We have the assistance of bilingual staff. The children take trips to Springstowne Library and Loma Vista Farm.