Hello, my name is Kathryn Clark Silveria and I am sure you have found a great place for your child to learn and grow. I have been teaching in preschool in public school systems for more than ten years and I’m excited to bring the training, knowledge, and passion for quality care to a home environment. My purpose is to: provide the highest quality of care for your child, gain the trust, and respect of the families enrolled through honest communication, and support parent’s and staff’s shared responsibility of nurturing each child’s love of learning while facilitating a child’s journey to independence. I have also listed my many qualifications below but most of all I will provide you with the peace of mind that comes to you when you know that you have steady, respectful, safe, quality childcare. I am excited to get to know you and your child.
My purpose is to:
- provide the highest quality of care for your child.
- gain the trust and respect of the families enrolled through honest communication.
- support parents’ and staff’s shared responsibility of nurturing each child’s love of learning while facilitating a child’s journey to independence.
Through organized activities and projects, children will feel encouraged, supported, and challenged to learn. I will provide nutritious snack and meal projects to develop healthy eating habits. The environment will be tested and maintained following the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (available for viewing). Our focus is for children to become confident in learning and prepared for kindergarten. This will include (but not limited to) pre-writing, reading, and math skills, following directions, communication skills, and independence.
- 13 years of experience in center-based child care/State Preschool
- 3 years of running am and pm State Preschool at Steffan Manor Elementary School.
- Master Teacher Permit – Ca Teacher Credentialing
- Associate of Science in Child Development from SCC
- Fun and energetic teaching style
- Ongoing training in Child Development programs
- First Aid and Emergency TrainingInfant/Pediatric/Adult CPR
- Nutrition Education / Asthma Workshops
- Positive Discipline training @ SCC
- Emergent Reading Best Practices through UC Berkeley
- Infant and Toddler Sign Language -Baby Signs® @UC Davis
- Plus a love for children and understanding of how they learn and what they will need to succeed in Kindergarten.