About Care 4 Em
My name is Kathryn Clark Silveira (Ms. Katy). I have 13 years of experience in center based child care/State Preschool with Vallejo City Unified School District. I have an Associate in Child Development from Solano Community College and a Master Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. I have worked with children in a preschool/childcare setting my whole life as a volunteer, parent, assistant, teacher and lead teacher.
Five years ago I left the school district to start my own business, Care 4 Em, a family childcare home. It has been an exciting, challenging, and rewarding endeavor. To meet the daily needs of children and families while at the same time managing and growing a successful business takes focus, organization, and a passion for this work! A unique part of Care 4 Em (my business) is that we offer a three hour morning preschool. Our structured preschool program (four days a week) gives children lots of open ended challenges, we facilitate problem solving and team building. As a teaching team, we create flexible lesson plans through collaborative weekly staff meetings. We follow children’s interests and provide materials needed to make their ideas reality.
Everyday children enjoy the outdoors, create with play-dough and easel painting, expand their vocabulary and reading skills, build math awareness with manipulative and daily calendar activities all while developing a love of learning. All around we create a positive learning environment to build the confidence and security needed for all children to learn and succeed.
We are located in East Vallejo, 2 min. to Columbus Parkway, in a comfortable family home with a large backyard, grass, garden and play structure. Our Staff is bilingual and multiracial. We utilize local resources such as trips to the Library (weekly) and Loma Vista Farm.
- 13 years of experience in center based child care/State Preschool
- 3 years of running am and pm State Preschool at Steffan Manor Elementary School.
- Master Teacher Permit – Ca Teacher Credentialing
- Associate of Science in Child Development from SCC
- Fun and energetic teaching style
- Ongoing training in Child Development programs
- First Aid and Emergency TrainingInfant/Pediatric/Adult CPR
- Nutrition Education / Asthma Workshops
- Positive Discipline training @ SCC
- Emergent Reading Best Practices through UC Berkeley
- Infant and Toddler Sign Language -Baby Signs® @UC Davis
- Plus a love for children and understanding of how they learn and what they will need to succeed in Kindergarten.